Turn your summer evenings into an extraordinary culinary experience with our alternative summer bruschette. Crispy toast, creamy cheese or anchovy spread come together in a combination of fresh, irresistible flavours. Every bite is a sensual journey through Italy. Accompanied by a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and a hint of lemon, these bruschettas are a hymn to summer and good food. The Bruschette Estive are simple to prepare but extraordinarily delicious. They are the perfect starter for special moments with friends and family. Make your evenings unforgettable with a touch of authentic Italian cuisine and discover the taste of summer in every bite!
Preparation: approx. 15 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 5 minutes
Serving for 4 people
4 or more slices of rustic bread (like ciabatta)
1 clove of garlic
|Juice of half a lemon|
|50g fresh rocket|
|30g roasted pine nuts|
|60ml Extra virgin olive oil atives Olivenöl extra|
|Salt from Cervia and pepper (amount according to taste)|
|Sauces: Mayonnaise, broccoli, spicy anchovies, lemon and capers|
|A few slices of butter|
|A few salted capers|
|Tenuta Baron sparkling wine|
Are you looking for new and delicious combinations with just a few simple ingredients? We'll let you in on our secret: in addition to the classic tomato bruschette, a classic of Italian cuisine, we present the "alternative summer bruschette", our fresh new interpretation of a typical Italian starter. The crunchiness of the toasted bread combines perfectly with cream cheese or anchovy spreads to create a combination of fresh, irresistible flavours. Each bite is an explosion of flavours that takes you on a sweet journey through Italian cuisine.
- Heat a grill or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides until they are crispy and lightly browned. After toasting, rub the surface of the slices with peeled garlic, if desired, to give them a subtle aroma.
- To enhance the flavour of the bruschette, add an extra splash of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt from Cervia (quantity to taste) and some lemon juice (quantity to taste) on top.
- For lovers of vegetable sauces: spread a good dose of pepper sauce, red sauce and green sauce on the surface of the crusty bread and discover the incredible taste and freshness of the vegetables.
- For lovers of traditional anchovy sauces: spread a good dose of one of our selected sauces on the surface of the crusty bread: anchovies mayonnaise, broccoli and anchovies, spicy anchovies, anchovies with lemon and capers.
- Is the traditional recipe for Italian bruschette not enough? Try them together with our cheese cremes from our manufacturer ITALIAN FOOD & CHEESE. Spread the numerous cheese creams on golden, crispy slices of bread and let yourself be conquered by new, delicate flavours.
- For lovers of a stronger and more refined taste, you can also prepare a bruschetta with anchovies fillets. Spread a little butter on the toasted slices of bread. Place 1 or 2 anchovies marinated in oil or hot sauce on top. Add some salted capers and your refined bruschetta with anchovies is ready to serve.
- Optionally, you can decorate the bruschette with additional rocket leaves, some toasted pine nuts and fresh basil leaves.
- If you are a lover of traditional Italian cuisine, you can prepare your bruschette in the traditional way. Instead of using spreadable sauces or creams, on the crusty bread, after adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, cut 2-3 tomatoes into small cubes and place them on the bread slice. Season with a pinch of Cervia salt and black pepper and the bruschetta is ready to serve
Regardless of how you prepared your fabulous bruschette, serve them on a serving platter and start enjoying the freshness of the flavours. Combine your bruschette with a good white wine from our producer Tenuta Baron, and their taste will be even better!
These summery bruschettas with tomato or cream cheese sauce are perfect as a starter or as a light dish for a summer evening with friends. Enjoy your meal!
Keep following us to discover new fantastic recipes of our Italian specialities!